1) 35 yr female with double vision at the end of the day, dysphagia, nasal voice, upp ext weakness, her sx improve after a night’s sleep. Dx?
2) What is MG?
3) Best initial test for MG?
4) What is the specific test for MG?
5) What is the sensitive test for MG?
6) Most accurate test for MG?
7) Tx for MG? If primary tx fails, what to use (initial choice) for MG?
9) If initial tx after primary tx fails, what tx for MG? 10) Tx for acute MG crisis?
1) Myasthenia Gravis
2) Dis. Of NMJ, presents with weakness and fatigue. Ab to Ach receptors -> dec # of active/functional Ach receptors at postsynaptic membrane
3) Ach receptor Ab
4) Fatigued muscle weakness plus +Ach receptor Ab test
5) Edrophonium (Tensilon) test
6) EMG (decremental dec in muscle fiber content on repetitive nerve stimulation
7) Anticholinesterase (pyridostigmine) Immunosuppressive tx with glucocorticoids
9) Azathioprine and steroid combo 1
0) Plasmapheresis and IVIG
Bolly wood super star amitabh bacchan also suffered from myasthenia gravis.