It is always easier to learn by comparing two opposites. We can always find contrasting pairs which help us to memorize topics at ease.
WE have compiled a list of interesting doubles just for the sake of memorizing complex topics
- Investigation of choice for Aortic dissection- MRI
- IOC for Aortic aneurism- Angiography.
2.Parkinsonism and Schizophrenia
- Parkinsonism is due to dopamine deficiency
- Schizophrenia is due to dopamine overactivity
- Alzheimers is due to Alcetylcholine.
3.Hallucinations in Schizophrenia and Alcoholism
- Schizophrenia -Auditory hallucination
- Alcoholism-Visual hallucination
4. IL1 and IL2
- IL1 – Secreted by macrophages
- IL2- Secreted by T helper cells(CD4)
- Function of IL1 is to stimulate IL2 production.
5.MAC and KmMAC-
- Measure of potency of drug.
- Higher the MAC less potent the drug.
- Km-Higher the Km less potent the drug is.
6.Potency and efficacy
- Potency- Dose required for maximum effect
- Efficacy-Maximum effect produced by a drug.
- Efficacy more important than potency in clinical setting.
7.Labatelol and Lapatinib
- Labetalol- Combined alpha and beta blocker
- Lapatinib- Her1 and HER2 antagonist.
8.Physostigmine and Neostigmine
- Physostigmine-Lipid soluble so crosses Blood Brain Barrier
- Neostigmine- Lipid insoluble cannot cross BBB
9.Microglia and Astrocytes
- Microglia- CNS macrophages
- Astrocytes- Form Blood Brain Barrier
10.Osteocalcin and Osteopontin
- Osteocalcin- Osteoblasti activity
- Osteopontin- Epithelial tumour marker of ovary.
11.Night Terror and Nightmare
- Night Terror- Not Recall NREM Sleep
- Nightmare- Recall REM Sleep
12.Hypo and Hyperkalemic periodic paralysis
- Hypokalemic Periodic paralysis- Calcium channel defect
- Hyperkalemic Periodic paralysis- Sodium Channel defect
13.Muscular dystrophy and Myotonic dystrophy
- Muscular dystrophy -X linked recessive
- Myotonic dystrophy- Autosomal dominant
Add more in the comments section.