2. Dilatation of pupils = Dhatura, Cyanide
3. Constriction of pupils = Opium, phenol, organo-phosphorus, physostigmine,
4. Cumulative poisons are: Barbiturates, and methyl alcohol
5. Habit forming poisons are: Caffeine and Nicotine.
6. Addiction drugs are: Alcohol, Barbiturates, Coccaine, Cannabis, Chloral hydrate, Opium, Pethidine.
7. Hemodialysis is good value in: Salicylate, methanol, barbiturate, and aspirin
(except kerosene oil and diazepam)
8. 1st sign of intra-uterine death: Gas shadow in aorta (as early as 12 hours).
9. Increased anion gap is seen in Salicylate poisoning, lactic acidosis, starvation.
10. Ideal suicide poison = Cyanide
11. Ideal homicide poison = Thallium, fluoride compounds.
12. Commonly used homicidal poisons: Arsenic, aconite
13. Commonly used suicidal poisons: Endrine, Opium, Barbiturates, Organo-phosphorus compounds.
14. Poison resembling cholera = Arsenic
15. Poison resembling tetanus = Strychnine
16. Poison resembling natural death = Thallium
17. Poison resembling fading measles = Arsenic
18. Poison resembling thyrotoxicosis = Bi-nitro compounds.